Benefits of strategic HRM and the rising interest of HRM
Benefits of Strategic HRM
Fred R. David has listed the following benefits that strategic HRM brings for an organization.
- Allows identification, prioritization and exploitation of opportunities.
- Provides an objective view of management problems.
- Represents a framework for improved coordination and control of activities.
- Minimizes the effects of adverse conditions and change.
- Allows major decisions to better support established objectives.
- Allows more effective allocation of time and resources of time and resources to identified opportunities.
- Allows fewer resources and lesser time to be devoted to correcting erroneous or adhoc decisions.
- Creates a framework for internal communication among personnel.
- Helps to integrate the behaviors of individuals into a total effort.
- Provides a basis for the classification of individual responsibilities.
- Gives encouragement to forward thinking.
- Provides a co-operative, integrated and enthusiastic approach to tackling problems an opportunity.
- Encourages a favorable attitude towards change.
- Gives a degree of discipline and formality to the management of a business.