|Factors in Technology Environment of Project|
- Labor-based Technology: Human labor is mainly used for the operations.
- Capital-based Technology: Machinery is mainly used for operations. Technology is represented by automation, computerization, robotization, etc. The technology can be high, intermediate or low.
- Globalization: Global companies are the key sources of technology transfer in developing countries. The modality can be contracts, franchising, technical collaboration, joint ventures, subsidiary establishment.
- Projects: Turn-key projects based on global bidding serve as a source of technology transfer.
- Trade: This consists of sale of equipment or machines by the manufacturer.
- Technical Assistance: Bilateral and multilateral donors under technical assistance provide international consultants who bring new technology with them.
- Training and Publications: They provide opportunities to learn about new technology.