1) Policy Formulation
|Public policy is formulated with a view to serve majority of people’s interests; protect minority of people, maximum utilization of resources, end conflict between classes and raise living standard of people. Among the different stages of public policy, formulation stage is regarded as the first and foremost stage. The sources of public policy are as follows:|
- Voice of people: The voice of people and the constitution of the country, directly or indirectly expressed public desire, slogan, procession, the values directed by socio-religious, cultural, natural conditions, existing tradition are the source of public policy formulation.
- Political parities: The organized institutions established with different objectives, pressure groups including political parties, opinion of concerned experts, election and son on are also the sources of public policy.
- International trends: The international trends, the economic, political, social policies of neighboring countries, the policies of international multilateral institutions etc. are also the sources that affect the public policy.
2) Policy Interpretation
3) Policy Implementation
4) Policy Evaluation
i) Policy Making Process
- Political policy making: The policy is made in accordance of political parties’ commitment during the time of election. The pressure groups such as press, communication, speech section etc. plays a vital role in political policy making. Though, political policy making is formulated by the elected parliament.
- Executive policy: The policy which makes implementation of the general policy made by the existing parliament. To implement the policy formulated by the parliament effectively is the responsibility of executive. Furthermore, the executive can make different policies under main policy.
- Administration policy: The policy made on the basis of administrative suggestions is called administrative policy. The efficient persons in the administration implement the public policies. The administrative persons present their opinion and suggestion in the concerned bodies about policy making, implementation, effects on society and the alternatives.
- Technical policy: The policy taken with the works of technical nature is known as technical policy. This policy making and implementation is done by the skilled persons in the technical services.