A group structure includes following variables.
1. Formal Leadership: Almost every groups has a formal leader e.g. manager, supervisor/ foreman.
2. Roles: Roles deal with what people do. As set of expected behavior pattern attributed to someone occupying a given position in asocial unit. People have the ability to shift roles rapidly when they recognize that the situation and its demand clearly require major changes.
- Role Identity: These are certain attitudes and actual behavior consistent with a role and they create role identity.
- Role Perception: An individual's view of how he is supposed to act in a given situations.
- Role Expectations: How others believe a person should act in a given situation.
4. Authority: Group is formed to achieve a particular objective. In a group, that is a leader and follower. Leader is an entitled to decision, while the follower has to follow the decision. Thus the power to make decision into action is known as authority.