According to Faith Popcorn –“A trend has longevity, is observable across several market areas and consumer activities, and is consistent with other significant indicators occurring or emerging at the same time.”
- Women’s participation in different NGO’s for raising against social injustice and crime.
- The demand for self-service
- The use of miniskirt
- Digital watches
- Getting admission in MBBS classes by donating a huge amount of money
- Sending children for education to foreign countries etc.
- The booming global economy
- A renaissance in the arts
- The emergence of free-market socialism
- Global lifestyles and cultural nationalism
- The privatization of the welfare state
- The rise of the Pacific Rim
- The decade of women in leadership
- The age of biology
- The religious revival of the new millennium
- The triumph of the individual
- Cultural invasion from the western countries
- Privatization of state owned enterprises
- Liberalization and globalization
- Increasing use of information technology
- Westernization of life styles
- Open university system, etc.