|Value Chain Analysis|
- Inbound logistics: It is the activity of bringing materials into the business. It consists of receiving and storing raw materials; material handling, stock control, material, transport etc.
- Operations: It is the activity of converting raw materials into finished products; manufacturing, packaging, assembling, testing etc.
- Outbound logistics: It consists of order processing and physical distribution; collect, store and distributes products to customers.
- Marketing and sales: It consists of pricing, promotion and selling products to satisfy customer needs.
- Service: It consists of installation, repairs, spares and training. These activities help to enhance and maintain value of product.
- Procurement: It involves all the activities related to processes for purchasing inputs.
- Technology development: It involves all the activities related to acquiring new technologies and research and development for innovation.
- Human resource management: It involves all the activities related to acquisition, development, utilization and maintenance of human resources.
- Infrastructure: It involves all the activities related to infrastructure building, such as strategic planning, quality control, accounting, finance, information management, organization design etc.