|Management development aims to ensure that the organization has the effective managers it requires to meet its present and future need. In another words, management development is a systematic process of improving managerial effectiveness by imparting knowledge, increasing skills and changing attitude. It is concerned with improving|
According to Decenzo and Robins, “Management development is future oriented training focusing on personal growth of the employee. The emphasis of management development is on handling of situations, people or problems. It is largely self-development.
Objectives of Management Development
The goals/ objectives of management development are:
- Increase managerial capabilities
- Enhance managerial effectiveness
- Foster teamwork
- Facilitate environmental adoption
- Improve managerial decision making
- Facilitate managerial succession and career development
- Aid managerial job satisfaction and retention
Identifying managers with further potential and ensuring they receive the required development, training and experience to equip them for more senior posts within their own locations and elsewhere in the organizations.