As a communicator, the project manager:
- Gathers information from the project. Provides status reports.
- Disseminates information inside the project and outside the project through downward, upward and lateral channels.
- Removes barriers to communication.
- Acts as a spokesperson for the project.
The decision role is concerned with:
- Resource Allocation: Allocation of resources to meet project needs.
- Negotiation: The project manager negotiates resolution of disputes both inside and outside the project.
- Disturbance Handling: The project manager makes decisions about unexpected disturbances in the project, such as strikes, natural disasters etc.
- Manage change: The project manager manages all changes in project.